MONDAY June 24th - THURSDAY June 27th
8:30 am - 10:00am
Players entering grades 1st through 6th .
High School Track Stadium
$50.00. Families with more than one child attending will be charged $35 per additional kid.
Skills taught to create a complete player
The Wadsworth High School football coaching staff believes the youth organization is a direct extension of the varsity program. Entering our 6th season we feel it is imperative that our involvement in the youth program is significant. My philosophy on youth football and it’s alignment with the high school program is summarized by five primary objectives.
1. Fun – Football is the greatest game man has invented, it’s meant to be a game in which all participants experience enjoyment.
2. Feeder program – The youth football teams are direct extensions of the varsity football team and will be run accordingly. All schemes, terminology, play calls and numbering systems will represent those of the varsity.
3. Techniques & Fundamentals – Our youth program will stress the techniques and fundamentals that enable success for the athletes at their current level, but also in the transition to junior high and high school.
4. Look to the future – The goal will be to put kids in the best position to be successful when they reach the varsity level. While winning is important we will never sacrifice the development of kids to win a youth game.
5. Promotion of kids – When the players leave our youth program they WILL feel a sense of self-worth and pride because of their contribution.